1 ) Study the photographs below.
Every time, write unique
potential energy or kinetic energy.
[Score: 3; 0. five each]
A. kinetic or potential strength
D. kinetic energy
B. potential strength
E. kinetic or potential energy
C. kinetic or potential energy
F. potential energy
you of 13
2 . Beginning from greatest to smallest, arrange this levels of
biomolecule, organ system, patient
ANSWER: biosphere вЂ“ populace вЂ“ organism вЂ“ body organ system вЂ“ cell - biomolecule
a few. In 2006, the International Astronomical Union demoted Pluto from a status of a major globe to a dwarf planet. What is the main reason for this?
A. Pluto is certainly not spherical in shape.
B. Pluto does not orbit the Sun like other exoplanets.
C. It can be too far away from the Sun.
M. It is not the dominant thing in its area of the Solar
ANSWER: Deb. It is not the dominant subject...
2 of 13
5. Which in the following colloidal system is certainly not correctly matched based on the sort of solute and dispersion method?
A. sol: a solid dispersed in another sound or the liquid
B. foam: a gas dispersed in a liquid
C. aerosol: a liquid spread in another the liquid or solid
D. solution: a semi-solid colloid with high viscosity, a
constant network of solid within a liquid
ANSWER: C. aerosol: a liquid spread in another...
a few. All life maintain steady internal conditions. Human beings just like us adjust to the changes within our environment so that the conditions of the body function well.
What is this
character of living things called?
6. The Earth takes about 365 days to complete a single whole
revolution around the Sun. This kind of results to
A. the occurrence of different months.
B. the rising and setting in the Sun.
C. the event of spring and neap tides.
Deb. the occurrence of photo voltaic and antojo eclipses.
RESPONSE: A. the occurrence of various seasons.
several of 13
7. A few governments around the world have approved measures to phase out tungsten filament bulbs to get lighting purposes. The aim should be to encourage the usage of more high efficiency lighting alternatives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
tungsten filament refers generally to
A. compact neon lamp.
B. fluorescent light fixture.
C. amoureux lamp.
Deb. light emitting diode lamp.
ANSWER: C. incandescent light.
8. By law of preservation of energy, energy is nor created neither destroyed although is changed from one
form to another. What energy modification is included when an fastened object to a compressed planting season is released?
ANSWER: stretchy potential energy to kinetic energy
potential energy to kinetic strength (0. five pts)
9. In what bloom part does pollination happens?
B. electrical filament
4 of 13
SOLUTION: C. stigma
10. Baseball players make an effort to hit the ball using their bat. So why do that they try to strike the ball as strongly as they may?
A. So that the bat could have greater probability of hitting the
B. So the ball is going to travel a greater distance into the field.
C. So that the ball can fly larger into the discipline.
D. So the ball can fly faster into the field.
ANSWER: W. So that the ball will travel around farther...
11. When you are ingesting ice cold drinking water, ice normally floats in water. What is the reason for this kind of?
ANSWER: - water is denser than ice
-- water provides higher density than ice cubes
- ice cubes is less thick than normal water
5 of 13
12. When a substance changes from state or perhaps phase of
matter to a new, it is said to obtain undergone a big change in
phase. These adjustments of phase always take place with a change
in the amount of heat in the substance. The figure under
summarizes the movement of warmth during stage change.