in S. V. G
Stand of Content
History of Coconut side
Wherever is coconut produce
Types of coconut tree hand
Different parts of the coconut tree
Uses of coconut palm
Nutritional Value of coconut
Local Coconut Produce
The coconut shrub is call " the tree
of life for its endless set of
products and by-products derived
from its various parts (from its
beginnings to ideas (leaves) ( from
cooking to non-culinary).
History of Coconut tree
• The term coconut dates back to
the 16th century. It derives by
the The spanish language and Costa da prata word
cocorota, meaning " a grin", " a monkey
face" respectively, seeing that there is a
slight resemblance into a human
encounter or a goof head as a result of
the three small indents within the hairy
covering of the fruit. Cocos nucifera is
a scientific term for the coconut
woods, or coconut palm.
Where is coconut palm generate?
• The coconut is actually a plant which usually
favorably develops on the
shorelines, it prospers on soft sand
soils. The fruit prefers rainy and
sun-drenched weather, it can not resist
low temperature ranges. For a
propitious growth coconuts also
need an area an excellent source of humidity.
Types of coconut palm forest
• You will find only two distinct
varieties of coconut, the tall
and the dwarf. The tall
cultivars that are thoroughly
grown are the West Coast
Tall and East Coastline Tall. The
dwarf selection is shorter in
stature and its life time is
brief as compared to the tall.
Extended lived hand living generally to an associated with about 85 to 90 years Hands thrive well under distinct soil conditions varying via littoral sands to reddish colored loams and laterites.
Palms grow well up to an altitude of 3, 000 foot. above the sea level. It really is fairly immune to diseases and pests.
The shrub attains a height of around 15m to 18m or maybe more
It starts to bear in regarding 8 to 10 years following planting
The nut is moderate to big in size various in shape coming from spheroid to linear-oblong and with colors varying coming from green, yellow and fruit to shades of brown. About 6, 000 nuts deliver a ton of copra.
Types of Coconut Hands
• The dwarf coconut is little in stature (5-7 m) and begins bearing earlier than the extra tall variety
• Dwarf coconut palms floral as early as the next year after planting and come to regular bearing in the 9th year.
• The average life time is 40-50 years.
• Dwarf or short selection which producing green, orange and discolored nuts. • Susceptible to drought.
• Almonds are little in size and ovoid or round fit
• Nut weighs regarding 3 ounce (85 gm) with 66 per cent petrol content
Dwaft Coconut woods
Tall Coconut tree
Areas of the coconut tree as well as
• Coconut Meat –Coconut meat is definitely the rich white colored lining that is certainly contained within the shell of the coconut. Coconut meat could be juicy and tender, or slightly thicker and crunchy, to challenging and fibrous depending on how long the kernel has become stored. Among the finest parts of coconut tree as well as uses is a meat. The meat or nut is an excellent source of necessary protein and provides a natural laxative. This is because of its strong anti microbes effects towards the body even though the milk is additionally useful as a natural sweetener and mostly used as an essential ingredient in numerous dishes. • This is the white-colored part within the coconut. It is usually use to produce Coco flour, animal feed, candies.
• Coconut Olive oil -Coconut essential oil is a kind of edible essential oil made from both the various meats or nucleus of full grown coconuts. Coconut oil appears to have heart-protective properties too. As it turns out, coconut olive oil reduces the amount of LDL cholesterol, the so-called " bad cholesterol” in the blood. • Copra is dried up coconut various meats - offers 64% of oil content material.
• Coconut Leaves – produce very good
quality brooms, hats & mats fresh fruit
trays, squander baskets, fans, bags
fabulous midrib decorations,
• Coconut Husk- When the husk is
condensed in salt water, its...